Happy Skeptic

Because cynicism is overrated.

Name:
Location: Vienna, VA

I am a figment of your imagination

Thursday, May 26, 2005

Hiatus ending soon, sort of

After a couple of weeks away, I figure there are two things I want to do with blogs. First, I want to keep in touch with my friends, and I WILL eventually drag their sorry butts into the blogosphere so we can all stay in touch without those "Hey, just thought I'd e-mail since I hadn't heard from you in a few months" e-mails. Second, I want to blog about music.

If I stay focused on music, maybe that'll help me resist the temptation to get sucked into the pointless sociopoliticamedia discussions that pass for intelligent discourse in the blogosphere. Sure, I may have pointless arguments about music, but that's OK. And I least I can debate aesthetics without feeling like I have one hand tied behind my back because I'm still employed as a journalist.

So this is probably my second-to-last post here. The last will be to tell you my music blog is up and running ... or that I've had another change of heart and will do something very different.

My personal blog will be back up and running shortly. Most of you know where it is. E-mail me if you don't. And start your own danged blogs ... I'm tired of preaching to a bunch of invisible strangers.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home