Happy Skeptic

Because cynicism is overrated.

Name:
Location: Vienna, VA

I am a figment of your imagination

Thursday, April 14, 2005

Help! There's a chili pepper in my ...

So we were watching VH1 Mega Hits, and they played the Red Hot Chili Peppers video (Can't Stop) that starts with the camera passing through a long tunnel like the ones used on dog agility courses. Mrs. Skeptic said she liked watching that part. I said "it reminds me of my sigmoidoscopy," just as Anthony Kiedis appeared in the tunnel.

I added, "Well, except for a Red Hot Chili Pepper being there."

I can just picture my doctor -- "Ah, THERE's the problem. You have a Red Hot Chili Pepper in your colon."

One thing to add: When they say "slight pressure and cramping in your abdomen," what they really mean is that you will curse yourself for failing to take better care of your digestive system while you lie there feeling as if someone is trying to inflate you like you're supposed to be in the Macy's parade. In other words, it's not pleasant. Really. I'll eat any manner of fiber necessary to avoid doing that again.

(There -- now anyone who searches "Red Hot Chili Peppers" and "sigmoidoscopy" is bound to land here. That'll double my readership.)

1 Comments:

Blogger em²ile² said...

Hmmm, you have very few comments (like me) so I thought I'd do my good deed for the day and leave a random comment. Happy blogging!

11:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home